Requirements When Applying for a Marriage License:
- Either applicant must reside in Teaneck– both bride and groom to show proof of residence i.e. driver’s license, or Lease showing a Teaneck address, utility bill, or bank statement. No PO Box numbers. No other ID will be accepted.
- Female applicant and Male applicant are to come in together with only one witness who must know both applicant and be 18 or older.
- Show SS cards and birth certificates. Anyone born abroad should get birth certificates translated.
- If either party is divorced or widowed, proof must be shown. I.e. FINAL divorce decree or death certificate.
- Make appointment Monday - Friday between 9:00am and 4:00pm.
- Must know date of marriage and who is performing the marriage before appointment is made
- There is a 72-hour waiting period before license will be issued.
- License valid 30 days after being issued.
- Fee $28.00 – cash/ money order.
APPLYING ON THE INTERNET:
Applications are available on the internet at http://www.state.nj.us/health/vital/marriage_apply.shtml
- The same procedure above is required when using this method to apply for a marriage license.
- Appointments are still required and all documentation must be provided wand witnesses must be present.
- The application must be typed or printed; illegible applications will not be accepted.