Rules & Regulations
Rules & Regulations
Recycling materials must be placed curbside no earlier than 6:00 p.m. on the evening before your scheduled collection day and no later than 7:00 a.m. on the day of collection.
The following restrictions and criteria apply to recycling containers used by residents for garden debris and commingled recyclable material pick-up:
1) Containers must be no larger than 32 gallons in size.
2) Containers must not have wide bottoms with narrow tops (i.e.pickle barrels).
3) Containers must have handles.
4) Containers must be made of either plastic or light weight metal not cardboard.
5) Filled containers must not exceed 50 lbs.
6) NEWSPAPERS/MIXED PAPER for curbside collection must be tied into bundles, not more than 12" high and secured with string, twine or cord. Corrugated cardboard must be flattened and tied for curbside collection.
7) Corrugated cardboard must be flattened and tied for curbside collection.
PLEASE USE BLUE TOWNSHIP-ISSUED CANS
Paperback and Telephone Books
Egg Cartons (cardboard only)
Anything else made of paper
PLEASE USE YELLOW TOWNSHIP-ISSUED CANS
NO PLASTIC BAGS PERMITTED
Commingled Recyclables: * Please rinse/clean all residue from container(s)*
Aluminum food and beverage containers:
Aluminum soda, beer cans, and pet food cans, etc.
Glass food and beverage containers:
Flint (clear) Amber (brown) Green
Tin/Steel (soup, food, coffee cans, ets.)
Plastic containers with #1, 2, 5 may include:
Soda and beverage bottles of various colors, milk and water jugs, detergent bottles, shampoo bottles, bleach bottles, ketchup bottles, syrup bottles, and yogart containers, etc.
Batteries:The Recycling Depot only accepts vehicle batteries. This material is not picked up curbside. For all other types of battery disposal, please refer to BCUA website.
White Goods: washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, water heaters, air conditioners, etc. are accepted at the Recycling Depot.
Electronics: computers, monitors, wires, cables, keyboards, computer mice, telephones, computer components, & household electronics (TV’s, VCR’s, DVD players, stereos, & microwaves) are accepted at the Recycling Depot.
Items such as TV’s or radios in large wooden cabinets are not accepted.
Used Motor Oil: Residents are permitted to bring used motor oil to the recycling depot during normal hours of operation. The used oil cannot be mixed with any other type of fluids such as antifreeze.