Seasonal Flu: Still Need to Get a Shot?
|Date:||January 4, 2017|
What is seasonal influenza (flu)?
Ways to help prevent the spread of Influenza include:
* Cover your coughs and sneezes with tissues and dispose of them properly.
* Cough or sneeze into your sleeve, not your hands or into the air.
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
* Wash hands frequently, especially after coughing or sneezing.
* Avoid contact with ill people and if you are ill (especially with a fever), stay home from work or school, and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
Symptoms of this infection can include fever and respiratory symptoms (cough/runny nose), and body aches, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. If you become sick, contact your health care provider by phone. He or she will determine if testing or treatment is advised.
For more information on the flu, go to:
For where to find a flu shot in your area, go to: