PSE&G Teaneck 69kV Green Acres Project Public Hearing Notice
Published on Sep 10, 2020 at 02:30p.m.
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
TAKE NOTICE that the Township of Teaneck has contacted the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, Green Acres Program, proposing to divert portions of four lots in Windsor Park and Milton Votee Park totaling 0.842 acres. The diversion will include potions of the following lots:
- Milton Votee Park (Block 4704, Lot 1) consisting of 0.027 acres (1,176 SF) between Palisade Avenue and the Conrail Railroad tracks,
- Milton Votee Park (Block 4702, Lot 1) consisting of 0.097 acre (4,225 SF) along Colonial Court,
- Windsor Park (Block 4701, Lot 1) consisting of 0.205 acre (8,930 SF) between the Conrail Railroad tracks and Windsor Road and along Windsor Road between Billington Road and Forest Avenue;
- Windsor Park (Block 4901, Lot 2) consisting of 0.513 acre (22,346 SF) along the east side of Windsor Road between Forest Avenue and West Englewood Avenue.
The Township proposes to convey an easement to Public Service Electric and Gas (PSE&G) for the installation and future maintenance of an upgraded overhead utility line to connect the New Milford 69kV Network to the Teaneck substation providing resiliency to the existing electrical grid and reliable electrical service to the citizens of Teaneck.
PSE&G proposes to compensate the Township in the amount of $1,918,500.00 for the diversion and the planting of 24 trees in Windsor and Votee Parks as well as a monetary contribution of $184,325.00 for the removal of eight trees in Windsor Park. Due to Governor Murphy’s emergency declaration regarding COVIS-19 (Coronavirus), the hearing required under N.J.A.C. 7:36-26.11(e) to obtain public comment on this Green Acres diversion request will be held electronically via “Zoom” platform on October 13, 2020 at 6:00 pm Eastern Time.
All interested parties who wish to attend the above hearing may choose one of the following options:
- Join by Computer/Mobile Phone: https://csglaw.zoom.us/j/98770371289
- Join by telephone (Audio Only) by your location:
- Dial: 1(646) 558-8656 Toll Free: 1(888)788-0099
- Meeting ID: 987 7037 1289
- For International Dial-In Numbers: https://csglaw.zoom.us/u/aeH4fIPV35
All information submitted to the Green Acres Program in support of this requested diversion of parkland is available for public inspection on the following Teaneck Township website page:
In the alternative, written comments may be submitted to the applicant, Dean B. Kazinci, Township Manager at 818 Teaneck Road, Teaneck, NJ 07666 and please send a copy of any comments submitted on this request to the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, Green Acres Program, Bureau of Legal Services and Stewardship, Mail Code 501-01, 501 East State St., P.O. Box 420, Trenton, NJ 08625-0420. The public comment period will close on October 27, 2020 (two weeks after the public hearing).More: Home News