PUBLIC NOTICE | NOTICE OF PUBLIC SALE AT AUCTION 4-27-21 1PM | B:5706 L:6 & B:5207 L:14 43
Published on April 07, 2021
TOWNSHIP OF TEANECK
NOTICE OF PUBLIC SALE AT AUCTION
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the parcels of land, as more particular set forth on the Schedule annexed hereto, located within the Township of Teaneck, shall be offered for public sale at auction to the highest bidder on TUESDAY, APRIL 27, 2021 at 1:00 P.M. on a Township of Teaneck ZOOM Meeting to accommodate the COVID-19 Pandemic:
When: Apr 27, 2021 01:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: 4/27/21 | Public Land Auction | B:5207 L:14 & B:5706 L:6
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or One tap mobile :
US: +13126266799,,86204800100#,,,,*230516# or +19292056099,,86204800100#,,,,*230516#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782
Webinar ID: 862 0480 0100
International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kepEMi57lr
Said auction shall be made subject to the following conditions:
SCHEDULE OF PARCELS TO BE OFFERED FOR SALE
43 Sackville Street
Englewood Ave. & Spruce St,
The aforesaid public sale at auction of each of the above parcels shall be subject to the following terms and conditions which shall be deemed included in the bidder’s bid thereof:
- The minimum price at which each of said parcels shall be offered for sale is set forth in the schedule listed above.
- The Township Council, by not later than its second regular meeting following the holding of the aforesaid public auction sale, shall, with respect to the sale of each said parcel of land, either accept the highest bid therefor, or reject all bids, and the Township Council hereby expressly reserves the right to reject all bids respecting the sale of each said parcels.
- The auction sale of each said parcel of land shall be conducted by the Township Clerk, who may adjourn same, at the above time and place or prior thereto, for a period of not more than one week, without readvertising; and the Township Clerk is hereby authorized and directed to place the required advertisements of sale, to accept deposits, to conduct said sale, and to require appropriate proofs of the bidder’s ability to comply with the conditions hereinabove stated.
- Any sale of the above parcels shall be for cash, certified check, or cashier’s check from a bank authorized to do business within the State of New Jersey, and any bid made at the holding such sale shall be accompanied by a deposit, in cash, certified check or cashier’s check, in an amount equal to 10% of the minimum bid. Closing of such sale shall take place not more than 60 days following the confirmation of such sale and acceptance of such bid by the Township Council, and at closing the balance of the purchase price shall be paid in full by cash or certified check, at which time a properly executed Deed of Bargain and Sale, with covenant against Grantor’s Acts shall be delivered to the Purchaser; provided, however, that the Township Council may extend such 60-day period if, in its judgment, good cause exists for such extension.
- As a condition of a sale of the aforesaid parcels of land, the purchaser thereof shall be required to pay at closing the cost of advertising the said sale, statutory notices, appraisal fees, the sum of $1,000.00 for legal fees incurred on behalf of the Township respecting such sale and all other charges incurred by the Township in order to effect the sale pursuant to law.
- In the event that title is proven to be unmarketable, the sole liability of the Township shall be to return any deposit money. The Township shall have the right, but shall not be required, to correct any defects in title and if the Township refuses to correct any defect in title, it shall only be required to return the bid deposit.
- Any sale shall be subject to any easement or restrictions of record and such statement of facts as an accurate survey shall reveal.
- The successful bidder shall be responsible for the cleanup of any environmental contamination located on, under, over or within the above parcel. No deduction shall be made from the purchase price for such cleanup. The successful bidder shall indemnify and hold harmless the Township of Teaneck from any claims relating to such environmental contamination or the cleanup thereof.
- Said sale shall be subject to applicable federal, state, county and local statutes, ordinances, codes and rules and regulations, including specifically, but not limited to, applicable zoning and land use ordinances and building, plumbing, electrical, fire or similar codes in effect in the Township of Teaneck.
- Closing shall take place in the office of the Township Attorney, John L. Shahdanian II, Esq., c/o McCusker, Anselmi, Rosen & Carvelli, PC, 210 Park Avenue, Suite 301, Florham Park, N.J. 07932, or such other location upon which the parties may mutually agree.
- Said parcel of land is sold “as is.” The Township of Teaneck makes no representations as to the condition or quality of the land or improvements upon said parcel. Bidders may inspect said parcel prior to the public sale and shall be responsible to fully acquaint themselves with the condition and quality of the property prior to the public sale.
- The Township of Teaneck assumes no responsibility to maintain said parcel prior to closing and the risk of loss, if any, is upon the successful bidder.
- The Township of Teaneck does not represent that the parcel is developable and shall not be required to correct any violations of law or provide a Certificate of Occupancy or similar document at the time of closing.
- In the event the successful bidder fails to enter into a contract of sale following confirmation of the acceptance of his bid within ten (10) days after submission thereof by the Township of Teaneck, or in the event the successful bidder fails to close in accordance with the terms hereof, the Township may retain the bidder’s deposit monies as liquidated damages.
- The successful bidder may not assign the contract to purchase said parcel without the written consent of the Township of Teaneck.
- Real estate taxes shall be adjusted as of the date of closing.
- The Township of Teaneck shall not pay any broker’s commission in connection with this sale and the successful bidder shall indemnify and hold harmless the Township of Teaneck from any such claim therefor arising by reason of the conduct of the successful bidder.
- Except as set forth herein, the terms and conditions of the sale shall not be modified except as may be mutually agreed upon in writing, by the Township of Teaneck and the successful bidder, provided that no such modifications shall result in a violation of the bidding statute.
- The sale of the aforesaid parcels of land shall be subject to the following deed restrictions which shall be deemed to run with the land:
i. The property may not be used or developed for any purpose for which property tax exemption may be granted.
ii. The property may not be used for any purpose other than for residential purposes.
(t) The sale shall not be subject to nor contingent upon the successful bidder receiving approvals for any subdivision, site plan, variance or other application for development.