REMINDER - B:5207 L:14 & B:5706 L:6 | NOTICE OF PUBLIC SALE AT AUCTION | VIRTUAL AUCTION SEPT. 2, 2021 12PM
Published on August 31, 2021
TOWNSHIP OF TEANECK
NOTICE OF PUBLIC SALE AT AUCTION
(Resolution 236-2021, adopted 8/10/21)
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the parcels of land, as more particular set forth on the Schedule annexed hereto, located within the Township of Teaneck, shall be offered for public sale at auction to the highest bidder on Thursday, September 2, 2021, 2021 at 12:00 P.M. on a Township of Teaneck ZOOM Meeting to accommodate the COVID-19 Pandemic:
When: September 2, 2021 012:00 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time (US and Canada)
Topic: 9/2/2021 12PM | Public Land Auction | B:5207 L:14 & B:5706 L:6
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
When: Sep 2, 2021 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Public Land Auction | B:5207 L:14 & B:5706 L:6 | 9/2/2021 12PM
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or One tap mobile :
US: +13126266799,,84268733624#,,,,*472942# or +19292056099,,84268733624#,,,,*472942#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782
Webinar ID: 842 6873 3624
International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbl3xBACXI
Said auction shall be made subject to the following conditions:
SCHEDULE OF PARCELS TO BE OFFERED FOR SALE
43 Sackville Street
Englewood Ave. & Spruce St,
The aforesaid public sale at auction of each of the above parcels shall be subject to the following terms and conditions which shall be deemed included in the bidder’s bid thereof:
- The minimum price at which each of said parcels shall be offered for sale is set forth in the schedule listed above.
- The Township Council, by not later than its second regular meeting following the holding of the aforesaid public auction sale, shall, with respect to the sale of said parcels of land, either accept the highest bid therefor, or reject all bids, and the Township Council hereby expressly reserves the right to reject all bids respecting the sale of said parcels.
- The auction sale of said parcels of land shall be conducted by the Township Clerk, who may adjourn same, at the above time and place or prior thereto, for a period of not more than one week, without readvertising; and the Township Clerk is hereby authorized and directed to place the required advertisements of sale, to accept deposits, to conduct said sale, and to require appropriate proofs of the bidder’s ability to comply with the conditions hereinabove stated.
- Bidders wishing to bid at the public auction must first register with the Township Clerk by submitting a bidder’s registration form setting form their name, address, telephone number, email address and identifying the parcel or parcels on which they wish to bid. With respect to each parcel on which the bidder wishes to bid, the registration form must be accompanied with a deposit in the form of a certified check, a cashier’s check from a bank authorized to do business in the State of New Jersey, or a United States Postal money order, in an amount equal to 10% of the minimum price for each parcel upon which the bidder wishes to bid. Registration forms are available in the office of the Township Clerk during regular business hours and are available on the Township of Teaneck’s website (www.teanecknj.gov ). Registration forms and bid deposits must be received by the Township Clerk’s office on or before 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 1, 2021, the date immediately prior to the date on which the public sale at auction is scheduled to be held. Any person who is not registered may not submit a bid at the public sale at auction. Bid deposits of the unsuccessful bidders shall be returned within 10 days after confirmation of the sale by the Township Council.
- Any sale of the above parcels shall be for cash, certified check, cashier’s check from a bank authorized to do business within the State of New Jersey or United States Postal money order. The bidder’s bid deposit shall be credited toward the sales price. Closing of such sale shall take place not more than 60 days following the confirmation of such sale and acceptance of such bid by the Township Council, and at closing the balance of the purchase price shall be paid, at which time a properly executed Deed of Bargain and Sale, with covenant against Grantor’s Acts shall be delivered to the Purchaser; provided, however, that the Township Council may extend such 60-day period if, in its judgment, good cause exists for such extension.
- As a condition of the sale of each of the aforesaid parcels of land, the purchaser thereof shall be required to pay at closing the cost of advertising the said sale, statutory notices, appraisal fees, the sum of $1,000.00 for legal fees incurred on behalf of the Township respecting such sale and all other charges incurred by the Township in order to effectuate the sale pursuant to law.
- In the event that title is proven to be unmarketable, except as set forth in Paragraph (h) below, the sole liability of the Township shall be to return any deposit money.
- Any sale shall be subject to any judgments, easements or restrictions of record and such statement of facts as an accurate survey shall reveal.
- The successful bidder shall be responsible for the cleanup of any environmental contamination located on, under, over or within the above parcels. No deduction shall be made from the purchase price for such cleanup. The successful bidder shall indemnify and hold harmless the Township of Teaneck from any claims relating to such environmental contamination or the cleanup thereof.
- Said sale shall be subject to applicable federal, state, county and local statutes, ordinances, codes and rules and regulations, including specifically, but not limited to, applicable zoning and land use ordinances and building, plumbing, electrical, fire or similar codes in effect in the Township of Teaneck.
- Closing shall take place in the office of the Township Attorney, John L. Shahdanian II, Esq., c/o McCusker, Anselmi, Rosen & Carvelli, PC, 210 Park Avenue, Suite 301, Florham Park, N.J. 07932, or such other location upon which the parties may mutually agree.
- Said parcels of land is sold “as is.” The Township of Teaneck makes no representations as to the condition or quality of the land or improvements upon said parcel. Bidders may inspect said parcels prior to the public sale and shall be responsible to fully acquaint themselves with the condition and quality of the properties prior to the public sale.
- The Township of Teaneck assumes no responsibility to maintain said parcels prior to closing and the risk of loss, if any, is upon the successful bidder.
- The Township of Teaneck does not represent that the parcels are developable and shall not be required to correct any violations of law or provide a Certificate of Occupancy or similar document at the time of closing.
- In the event the successful bidder fails to enter into a contract of sale following confirmation of the acceptance of his bid within ten (10) days after submission thereof by the Township of Teaneck, or in the event the successful bidder fails to close in accordance with the terms hereof, the Township may retain the bidder’s deposit monies as liquidated damages.
- The successful bidder may not assign the contract to purchase said parcel(s) without the written consent of the Township of Teaneck.
- Real estate taxes shall be adjusted as of the date of closing.
- The Township of Teaneck shall not pay any broker’s commission in connection with this sale and the successful bidder shall indemnify and hold harmless the Township of Teaneck from any such claim therefor arising by reason of the conduct of the successful bidder.
- Except as set forth herein, the terms and conditions of the sale shall not be modified except as may be mutually agreed upon in writing, by the Township of Teaneck and the successful bidder, provided that no such modifications shall result in a violation of the bidding statute.
- The sale of the aforesaid parcels of land shall be subject to the following deed restrictions which shall be deemed to run with the land:
i. The property may not be used or developed for any purpose for which property tax exemption may be granted.
ii. The property may not be used for any purpose other than for residential purposes.
(u) The sale shall not be subject to nor contingent upon the successful bidder receiving approvals for any subdivision, site plan, variance or other application for development.