The Teaneck Building Department is the Local Municipal Enforcing Agency which issues construction permits, conducts progress inspections and issues certificates of occupancy in accordance with the State of New Jersey Uniform Construction Code Act regulations. The Building Department also administers the Township of Teaneck Development Regulations and provisions of the State of New Jersey Municipal Land Use Law.
If you have any questions such as if permits are required or what is involved in getting a permit, please feel free to call the Building Department.
- To protect the health, safety and welfare of all users of buildings and structures within the Township of Teaneck through the enforcement of the Uniform Construction Code of the State of New Jersey
- To insure the adequate maintenance of buildings and structures throughout the Township by the active enforcement of the Uniform Construction Code of the State of New Jersey
- To provide and maintain a pleasing visual environment through the application and enforcement of the township's Development Regulation.
- To assist in the orderly development of the township by applying the rules and regulations established by the Township Council
- To assist the Township Council in providing a better community by suggesting the elimination of unnecessary or obsolete regulations, the alteration of regulations to recognize new and innovative technologies and the establishment of new regulations to address changing lifestyles and objectives
- To assist applicants in the process of obtaining necessary approvals for use and development of properties within the Township
- To provide assistance to property owners and users, in times of crisis, to minimize disturbance of life and livelihood
- To maintain and advance the quality of life of people living, working and visiting the Township of Teaneck by promoting the ideals and principals set forth by the Township Council through their legislative actions