Phone: 201-837-1600 Ext. 1500
Monday - Friday: 8 AM – 5:15 PM
Tuesday: Open late until 7:00 PM
It is the mission of the Teaneck Department of Health and Human Services to provide programs and services that foster a culture of health through disease prevention, health promotion, and health protection. These services protect the health, welfare, and safety of all the men, women, and children who live, work or do business in the Township of Teaneck.
Notifications and Events:
DEA National Take Back Day
Safely dispose of your unneeded prescription drugs at a designated site and join the fight against addiction! More information and sites near you can be found at https://www.dea.gov/takebackday
English Flyer: New_DEA_TakeBack_Poster_8.5x11_Eng_0.pdf
En español: NEW_DEA_TakeBack_Poster_8.5x11_Sp_0.pdf
April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month
Oral or oropharyngeal cancer includes cancers of the mouth and the back of the throat. Oral cancers develop on the tongue, the tissue lining the mouth and gums, under the tongue, at the base of the tongue, and the area of the throat at the back of the mouth. Since oral cancer can spread quickly, early detection is important. See the below graphics for more information:
May is Hepatitis Awareness Month
The month of May is designated as Hepatitis Awareness Month in the United States, and May 19th is Hepatitis Testing Day.
CDC Recommends additional boosters (3/29/2022)
SERVICES AT A GLANCE:
- Child Health Clinic - Child Health Clinic Schedule 2022(click here)
- Immunizations/physical examinations for uninsured or underinsured (NJ Family Care - Plan A only) children
- Blood pressure checks for seniors
- Provide literature and information
- Full-time Licensed Social Worker
- Consumer complaint follow-up on food, property maintenance, housing, and environmental concerns
COVID-19 in Teaneck:
- As of 09/24/2022, there are 11,702 cases (+62 cases since 09/16/2022)
**This data does not include ALL Positive results from "COVID-19 Home Testing Kits".
- **The data is subject to change based on the daily updates in CDRSS.
Total Fatalities:146 (0 deaths since 9/16/22)
**Transmission rate data provided based on information from the previous 7-day period (Sunday to Saturday).
** Statistics will be updated weekly from the CDRSS (Communicable Disease Reporting System)**