Requirements When Applying for a Marriage License:
- Either applicant must reside in Teaneck– both bride and groom must show proof of residence (i.e. driver’s license, or Lease showing a Teaneck address, utility bill, or bank statement.) No PO Box numbers. No other ID will be accepted.
- Female applicant and Male applicant are to come in together with only one witness who must know both applicants and be 18 or older.
- Show SSN cards and birth certificates. Anyone born abroad should have birth certificates translated.
- If either party is divorced or widowed, proof must be shown. (i.e. FINAL divorce decree or death certificate.)
- Make appointment: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9AM – 4PM and Tuesday from 9AM – 6PM.
- Must know date of marriage and who is performing the marriage before appointment is made
- There is a 72-hour waiting period before license will be issued.
- License is valid for 30 days from date issued.
- Fee $28.00 – cash/money order.