Requirements When Applying for a Marriage License:
- Either applicant must reside in Teaneck and be able to show proof of address. (i.e. driver’s license, lease,* bank statement , utility bill must be within the last 90 days) *If both parties are not residents of New Jersey, the license must be obtained from the Registrar in the municipality where the ceremony is taking place.
- Both applicants should appear together with a witness over the age of 18.
- Social security numbers are required for both applicants when applicable
- If either applicant is divorced or widowed- please provide date of event.
- Please make an appointment with our office between the hours of Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 10: 00 AM to 4:00 PM, Tuesday 10:00AM-5:30 PM.
- There is a 72-hour waiting period before license will be issued.
- License is ONLY valid for 30 days from date issued.
- Fee is $28.00 - cash or money order only