Parking of any vehicle on any portion of a public street is prohibited whenever snow is falling and the accumulation is such that it covers the public streets in the Township and plowing is required, except where designated. The term “snow” includes sleet, hail and/or ice.
- Before a storm begins, the main streets will be pre-treated with an environmentally safe solution that reduces the freezing temperature at which snow freezes.
- During the storm, snow plows will concentrate on keeping two lanes clear on every street.
- After a storm, plows will return to widen the streets curb line to curb line.
During winter months, snow and ice must be removed from public sidewalks after cessation of a storm. Commercial property owners or tenants have 12 hours to clear sidewalks; residential owners have 24 hours. Additionally, people who own corner properties (and at mid-block crosswalks) must shovel a pathway from their shovelled sidewalk to the plowed portion of the street so that pedestrians can cross safely.
PLEASE wait to do your final clean-up after the streets are done which is typically 2 to 6 hours after the storm is over.
When a snow emergency is in effect, you must move your vehicles off of all Township streets unless they are in one of the posted areas. If you can not move your vehicle or comply with the law, call the Police Department at 201-837-2600 to tell them about your problem.
While these streets or areas of streets are exempt from the "no parking during snow emergencies", all other parking restrictions remain in effect.
These streets are:
- All on-street designated handicapped parking spaces.
- Alma Terrace. North side, Chestnut Avenue to Elm Avenue.
- Amsterdam Avenue. Both sides, Teaneck Road to a 150 west thereof.
- Ayers Court. Both sides.
- Beech Street. East side, from the northeasterly curbline of Fort Lee Road to a point 140 feet north thereof.
- Bergen Avenue. Both sides, Maple Street to 100 feet south of Blauvelt Street.
- Beverly Road. Both sides, Elm Avenue to River Road.
- East Cedar Lane. Southside, from Azalea Court to entrance of Overpeck County Golf Course.
- Elm Avenue. Both sides, Alma Terrace to North Street
- Hill Street. West side.
- Hillside Avenue. North side, starting from a point 55 feet east of the extended easterly curb line of Woodbine Street and running easterly therefrom for a distance of 50 feet.
- Larch Avenue. East side, from Hillcrest Street to North Street.
- Linden Avenue. West side, from Kipp Street to North Street.
- Linden Avenue. Both sides, from Alma Terrace to North Street.
- Lozier Place. Both sides.
- Minell Place. North side, Teaneck Road to Richard Court.
- Parkview Drive. East side.
- Pembroke Street. West side, from 186 feet south of Northumberland Road to its end.
- South Strand. East side, from a point approximately 40 feet north of the extended northerly curbline of Northumberland Road, extending 95 feet north therefrom.
- State Street. Both sides, Teaneck Road to Terrace Circle.
- Sterling Place. North side, from Red Road to Prince Street.
- Terhune Street. Both sides, Chestnut Avenue to Linden Avenue.
- Vandelinda Avenue. Both sides, from Palisade Avenue west to its end.
- Vandelinda Avenue. North side, from Palisade Avenue to 322 feet east thereof.
- Washington Place. North side, Teaneck Road to Crescent Avenue.
For additional off street parking, residents are encouraged to use any of the municipal parking lots. Beginning six (6) hours before snow fall is predicted to start and until 24 hours after snow fall has stopped; all hourly limits and meter fees in Township lots are waived. Please refer to the Township’s website for the list of municipal parking lots and authorized parking areas.
The locations of the Municipal parking lots are:
- East side of Teaneck Road off Beveridge Street.
- West side of Teaneck Road at Orchard Street.
- West side of Teaneck Road, between Church Street and Bogert Street.
- North side of State Street opposite Lozier Place.
- North side of State Street, west of Terrace Circle.
- Behind stores on west side of Queen Anne Road, north of West Englewood Avenue.
- West of Queen Anne Road, north of Court Street.
- North end of Votee Park, south of Court Street.
- North of Cedar Lane at Garrison Avenue and Beverly Road.
- South of Cedar Lane, between American Legion Drive and Chestnut Avenue.
- Northwest corner of Cedar Lane and Elm Avenue.
- Southeast corner of Beverly Road and River Road.
- South side of Beverly Road, opposite Williams Avenue.
- East side of River Road and Phelps Park.
- Southeast corner of DeGraw Avenue and Queen Anne Road.
- South end of Votee Park and Colonial Court.
- Municipal Building, at the northwest corner of Cedar Lane and Teaneck Road.
- East side of Glenwood Avenue, south of Lindbergh Boulevard.
- Municipal Compost site - foot of Lindbergh Boulevard, east of Glenwood Avenue.